guix-devel

Re: How to handle package udev rules?

From: Alexander Asteroth
Subject: Re: How to handle package udev rules?
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2021 09:20:18 +0100

Now that the package is working and after I read the guidelines for
contributing a package description I was wondering one thing:

guix is not only guix system but also running as a packet manager on
other distros. But a package developed for guix system, has to handle
files like udev rule files differently from other FSH based
distributions. Therefore a package using e.g. udev rules will never work
without additional steps on other distributions.

What is the policy here? How do other guix packages deal with that?

Cheers,

Alex