guix-devel

SSH service for Guix Home

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: SSH service for Guix Home
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2021 18:59:00 +0100

Hi Andrew,

One service I miss for Guix Home is ‘home-ssh-service-type’, which is in
the “original” Guix Home.

Could you contribute a patch adding it?  (I could do it on your behalf,
but it sounds more logical to let you handle it.)

Also, could you (or Xinglu, or Oleg) write a blog post for guix.gnu.org,
targeting an audience who’s not familiar with this kind of tool, making
it clear what the rationale is and what it can bring to “normal users”?
It would be really helpful to have that published within a couple of
weeks or so, before the next release.

Last, it’d be great to see the three of you (and more people!) back in
action regarding Guix Home.  I understand that life sometimes gets in
the way, but it seems that there’s been some confusion as to how to go
forward—e.g., <https://issues.guix.gnu.org/51359#2>—which may partly
explain why things stalled.  If there are patches waiting for review,
also don’t hesitate to ping!

Thanks,
Ludo’.