guix-devel

Re: cl-gsll fails to load

From: Guillaume Le Vaillant
Subject: Re: cl-gsll fails to load
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2021 13:41:13 +0000

Foo Chuan Wei <chuanwei.foo@hotmail.com> skribis:

> On 2021-12-07 12:27 +0000, Guillaume Le Vaillant wrote:
>> I think the problem comes from the fact that the build system for
>> cl-xxx packages doesn't use the custom phases added to some sbcl-xxx
>> packages (like the 'fix-cffi-paths' phase of sbcl-gsll). Instead a fixed
>> set of phases is used (see '%standard-phases/source' from
>> "guix/build/asdf-build-system.scm", used in the
>> 'sbcl-package->cl-source-package' function from
>> "guix/build-system/asdf.scm").
>
> Are you sure about this? From my observations, the cl-xxx packages do
> use the custom phases added to the sbcl-xxx packages. When I install
> cl-gsll and look into its store directory
> (~/.guix-profile/share/common-lisp/source/cl-gsll/), I do see the
> effect of sbcl-gsll's custom phase ("fix-cffi-paths").

Indeed, it looks like custom phases are taken into considerations now (I
don't remember when this got fixed).
However although cl-cffi has a custom phase to fix the path to gcc, it
still tries to run "gcc" instead of "/gnu/store.../gcc" when compiling
cl-gsll from a REPL. I'll try to find where this bare "gcc" comes from...