guix-devel

Re: Patches that should be applied in the Future

From: Jelle Licht
Subject: Re: Patches that should be applied in the Future
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2021 09:47:07 +0100

Ludovic Courtès <ludo@gnu.org> writes:

> Hi!
>
> Jelle Licht <jlicht@fsfe.org> skribis:
>
>> What can we do to make sure we won't simply forget to apply this and
>> other such changes?
>
> I’d suggest making this change right away in ‘core-updates’.
We need to override a change that has not landed in core-updates yet; it
only exists on c.u.f. last I checked.

I could merge c.u.f. into c.u. this week and subsequently fix this issue
in either the merge commit itself or a fixup immediately after, if that
is what you are saying.

> After all, the reason we introduced ‘-frozen’ is so we could keep having
> fun on ‘core-updates’ while things are being stabilized elsewhere.

For some definitions of "fun" :-).

- Jelle