guix-devel

Re: core-updates-frozen: Planning for the last world rebuild

From: Efraim Flashner
Subject: Re: core-updates-frozen: Planning for the last world rebuild
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2021 11:55:56 +0300

On Tue, Sep 28, 2021 at 01:57:45PM +0200, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> Hello Guix!
>
> Wouldn’t it be nice to get ‘core-updates-frozen’ merged?  :-)
>
> What about merging the patches blocked by
> <https://issues.guix.gnu.org/50358>?  We could even have them on a
> separate branch, have Cuirass build it, and merge it 24–36h later, at
> which point substitute coverage should be reasonably good.
>
> I haven’t followed the new ports, POWER9 and RISC-V.  If there’s
> anything needed in this area, like localized toolchain changes, please
> send a heads-up!
>
> As I say every time someone proposes a new port, the main issue is not
> the port itself but maintaining it longer-term.  And here it’s not even
> clear to me what the status of POWER9 is on ‘core-updates-frozen’, so
> it’d be great to get feedback on this, ensure Cuirass builds it, and so
> on.

I'm still building away on riscv64-linux. I have some minor changes,
namely renaming target-riscv? to target-riscv64? As far as cuirass
support I have it officially unsupported in %hydra-supported-systems (or
whatever that variable is called). I've tried to keep the patches so
that they can be applied without interfering with the other
architectures. At this point as far as I know it's waiting for another
pair of eyes or so to say it looks OK to merge.

--
Efraim Flashner   <efraim@flashner.co.il>   רנשלפ םירפא