guix-devel

Re: "guix copy" cannot deal with > 32-bit integers

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: "guix copy" cannot deal with > 32-bit integers
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2021 19:40:28 +0200

Hi,

On Thu, 9 Sept 2021 at 00:16, Ludovic Courtès <ludo@gnu.org> wrote:
> zimoun <zimon.toutoune@gmail.com> skribis:
>
> > $ guix copy --from=chouib
> > /gnu/store/a462kby1q51ndvxdv3b6p0rsixxrgx1h-hello-2.10
> > retrieving 1 store item from 'x.x.x.x'...
> > guix copy: error: implementation cannot deal with > 32-bit integers
>
> This is ‘guix copy’’s very own way of saying that the remote machine is
> lacking /etc/guix/signing-key.{pub,sec}, or something along these lines.

Hehe!  Now I remember.  I asked the same thing about another machine.

> Could you check that everything is in order?

Now, it works.

> Then we’ll take a look to see how we can, ahem, improve diagnostics.

Well, it could nice to run "sudo guix archive --generate-key" with the
bash installer script; with a question
The manual needs improvement I guess.  Well, let me see if I can send
something. :-)
And yes, the daemon should report something friendlier. :-)  Maybe
simply another message suggesting that.  WDYT?

Cheers,
simon