guix-devel

Re: Mesa out of date (and move to libglvnd?)

From: John Kehayias
Subject: Re: Mesa out of date (and move to libglvnd?)
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2021 21:41:12 +0000

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐

On Monday, July 19th, 2021 at 8:24 AM, Ricardo Wurmus <rekado@elephly.net>
wrote:

> John Kehayias john.kehayias@protonmail.com writes:

Hi Ricardo,

Is there something we anticipate breaking with a mesa/libdrm update? I've built
xorg and some WMs and didn't run across anything. I don't recall any breaking
changes in release notes. I thought this would be handled as part of
core-updates and the process there? (Please correct me if I'm wrong, still new
here!)

If you meant for a future move to libglvnd, discussion on the Mesa patch at
https://issues.guix.gnu.org/49339 had at least one person using libglvnd and
looks like only a limited number of packages that would need updates to build.
But we could address the need for a branch there if it seems needed to make
many changes or if we run into any problems.

Anyway, it was pointed out I neglected to have the revised patch for Mesa at
https://issues.guix.gnu.org/49339 so let me send that there now.

John