guix-devel

Re: Adding Substitute Mirrors page to installer

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice
Subject: Re: Adding Substitute Mirrors page to installer
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2021 17:10:53 +0200

[CC'ing Andreas & Chris in case they want to chime in.]

On 2021-07-23 16:53, raid5atemyhomework wrote:
As an aside, I notice there is now a new "bayfront.guix.gnu.org" server.

bayfront has been public sinc 2016..2017?, but it was recently exposed through a second hostname, bordeaux.guix.gnu.org. That's the name that should be used if added.

Not sure if I should modify this patch or not to add it or whatever.

I don't see why not! It's the only Guix-hosted substitute server after ci.guix.gnu.org, and has the advantage of not being a mere mirror.

Kind regards,

T G-R

Sent from a Web browser.  Excuse or enjoy my brevity.