guix-devel

Re: bug#48941: [powerpc64le-linux] libfaketime CLOCK_MONOTONIC test hang

From: Chris Marusich
Subject: Re: bug#48941: [powerpc64le-linux] libfaketime CLOCK_MONOTONIC test hangs
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2021 22:34:41 -0700

Hi Kaelyn,

Thank you for the reply.

Kaelyn <kaelyn.alexi@protonmail.com> writes:

> Are you using Guix on a foreign distro? This line looks like your
> distro's normal libc.so was being used and it was from glibc-2.31 or
> older. The x86-64 systems I have that run pure Guix don't have any
> /lib*/ directories. You might try running gdb with
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/gnu/store/kmblbljiygayhlc5gb02an9imhy90ws9-glibc-2.33/lib
> to have the Guix libc.so picked up before the other one. HTH

Yes, I'm using Guix on a foreign distro.  It isn't clear to me what is
trying to access the /lib directories.  That's what I'm trying to figure
out.  In a --pure environment using only Guix-built tools, one would
expect that I would not have to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH.  However, if I
can't figure it out, that's another trick I can try.

--
Chris