guix-devel

Pushing a huge nls commit

From: Julien Lepiller
Subject: Pushing a huge nls commit
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2021 15:46:31 -0400

Hi Guix!

Since last release, there have been some changes to the strings in guix and the
manual. Our switch to weblate allows for a rolling translation workflow, so
there have been significant changes to the translations.

I'd like to run "make download-po" on a more or less regular basis (maybe once
a month?). However, the commits cannot be easily reviewed or split really well.
This morning, I tried and got a commit:

52 files changed, 191755 insertions (+), 165535 deletions (-)

Note that weblate automatically updates the msgids in the po files, so most of
the changes are actually in the English sentences, not in the translations
themselves.

Is it ok to push such a big change to master after checking it doesn't break
anything? How regularly should that happen?