guix-devel

Re: SSH in git-fetch

From: Luis Felipe
Subject: Re: SSH in git-fetch
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2021 22:30:31 +0000

Hi,

On Tuesday, July 13th, 2021 at 2:38 PM, Lo Peter <peterloleungyau@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I am experimenting with writing a package definition for an example R
>
> package (https://github.com/jennybc/foofactors) in a PRIVATE channel,
>
> where the R source is also at a PRIVATE github repository.
>
> While the private channel works with proper setup of SSH key (that
>
> needs to be in PEM format due to a bug in libssh2), I am having
>
> trouble with the private git repository for package source.
>
> Is it that git-fetch does not support fetching over SSH?

For what it's worth, I have a private channel that defines packages of my
private projects in GitLab. I haven't used the channel for a while, but SSH
authentication worked by using "git-checkout" records instead of "origin"
records in package "source" fields. For instance:

(source
 (git-checkout
  (url "git@gitlab.com:luis-felipe/guile-lab.git")
  (commit (string-append "v" version))))