guix-devel

Re: Exploiting hashes for Scheme refactoring

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: Exploiting hashes for Scheme refactoring
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2021 21:14:14 +0200

Hi,

On Mon, 05 Jul 2021 at 11:33, Nathan Benedetto Proença
<nathan@vieiraproenca.com> wrote:

> Is it a good idea to exploit Guix hashing infrastructure to ensure that
> a Scheme refactoring did not change the packages produced?
> Has some developer already done that?
> Are there another tools and techniques I should be aware of?

Well, I am not sure to understand the question and which concrete answer
could be.  Instead, it seems to be worth to point what a build system
could mean when speaking about refactoring. :-)

<https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/research/uploads/prod/2018/03/build-systems.pdf>
<https://www.joachim-breitner.de/blog/743-Build_tool_semantic_aware_build_systems>

Hope that helps.

Cheers,