guix-devel

core-updates: an update

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: core-updates: an update
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2021 10:16:59 +0200

Hello Guix!

I think we should get ‘core-updates’ in shape so we can freeze it and
work on getting it merged ASAP!

Overall, apart from x86_64-linux, the situation is getting better but is
not great.  Here’s a summary of known remaining issues:

  • Guile test failure on i686: <https://issues.guix.gnu.org/49368>.
    Also affects statically-linked Guile on x86_64:
    <https://ci.guix.gnu.org/build/654579/log/raw>.

  • Guile ‘test-stack-overflow’ test failure on aarch64 (not reported
    yet): <https://ci.guix.gnu.org/build/654081/log/raw>
    <https://ci.guix.gnu.org/build/654064/details>

  • Coreutils test failures on emulated armhf (not reported yet) that
    seems to have to do with argv[0] being an absolute file name instead
    of a relative one: <https://ci.guix.gnu.org/build/654093/details>.

  • glibc uses ‘objcopy’ instead of ‘TRIPLET-objcopy’ when
    cross-compiling, which breaks cross-compilation to
    powerpc64le-linux-gnu:
    <https://ci.guix.gnu.org/build/654293/log/raw>

I’d like to have the main issues addressed before we can merge
<https://issues.guix.gnu.org/49169> and some of the
safe-but-world-rebuild changes by Maxime D.

Let’s fix these bugs, comrades!  :-)

Ludo’.