guix-devel

Re: Rust freedom issue claim

From: Jack Hill
Subject: Re: Rust freedom issue claim
Date: Thu, 27 May 2021 16:23:39 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 27 May 2021, Joshua Branson wrote:

In terms of languages trying to be replacements for C:

- Zig is one of the most famous ones, and will probably be the first C
 alternatives to reach 1.0.  https://ziglang.org/

- Odin https://odin-lang.org/

- scopes which using S-expressions  https://sr.ht/~duangle/scopes/

- Drew Devault's (creator or sway) secret programming language.  It may
 be the second language on this list to reach 1.0

Thanks for this list. Clearly we are living in a world of riches. I am also aware of:

- Carp https://github.com/carp-lang/Carp (s-expressions, research project)

- Pony https://www.ponylang.io/ (actors)

Best,
Jack