guix-devel

RE: guix and mirroring dataset

From: zimoun
Subject: RE: guix and mirroring dataset
Date: Thu, 27 May 2021 14:57:08 +0200

Hi,

On Thu, 27 May 2021 at 04:37, "Cook, Malcolm" <MEC@stowers.org> wrote:

>>Your input is welcome. :-)
>
> I was expecting to find workflows that have been developed for
> mirroring (downloading) genomic resources from sites such as
> Ensembl/NCBI/UCSC, etc, and then creating on-prem derived resources
> (e.g. blast indexes).

Sorry, I missed that what you were asking. :-)

The answer is: nothing ready-to-use.  Well, feel free to start a
discussion on gwl-devel@gnu.org.

> I currently tend to do this with Gnu Make and shell scripting.

If you already have some shell scripts, I think the effort is not too
high to wrap around some GWL glue. ;-)

And maybe it could be worth to see if a common organisation makes sense
here for the various cases.

Cheers,
simon