guix-devel

blog post about shepher user services

From: Adriano Peluso
Subject: blog post about shepher user services
Date: Sat, 22 May 2021 12:22:33 +0200

There's this blog post:

https://guix.gnu.org/en/blog/2017/running-system-services-in-containers/

I have 2 observations about it

1) it mentions a XDG_CONFIG_DIR environment variable.
 But on my Ubuntu desktop, I find a XDG_CONFIG_DIRS (note the final S)
variable.
This could be confusing to someone not knowing well their way around.
Was this a simple slip ? Or is there any more specific reason for this
missing S ?

2) in the end it announces a second post about integrationg Shepherd
with mcron to come up with something that could substitute systemd's
timer funtionality.
It would be interesting to read the second blog post