guix-devel

Re: newbe question

From: Bone Baboon
Subject: Re: newbe question
Date: Tue, 11 May 2021 07:53:21 -0400

Adam Kandur via Development of GNU Guix and the GNU System distribution. writes:

> hi everyoone! is there any example of packed racket code?

The Guix repository has a file for racket packages
`/gnu/packages/racket.scm`.  You can look at this file here
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/tree/gnu/packages/racket.scm
or by cloning the git repository `git clone
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git` and inspecting the files it
contains locally.

The way I found the location of this file was by running `guix search
racket` and in the output I saw a package for racket and
racket-minimal.  Then looking at the information on these packages there
is a field labeled location.  Using racket minimal as an example it says
"location:  gnu/packages/racket.scm:67:2".  The
"gnu/packages/racket.scm" corresponds with the path of the file in the
Guix repository.  There is even line and column information provided with
"67:2".