guix-devel

Re: Expat 2.3.0 has been released

From: Marius Bakke
Subject: Re: Expat 2.3.0 has been released
Date: Mon, 10 May 2021 00:07:06 +0200

Sebastian Pipping <sebastian@pipping.org> skriver:

> Hello everyone,
>

> just a quick heads up that there will be a new release of libexpat with
> security fix in a few weeks.  Unless I looked in the wrong place, I
> noticed that your distro has not updated to libexpat 2.3.0 as of today.
>  If you ran into any issues with packaging 2.3.0, please let me know now
> so that I can fix things upstream for you and everyone while there is
> still a window before next releases to do so.  Thank you!

Hi Sebastian,

I have updated expat on our "core-updates" branch, since it entails a
full rebuild:

https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/commit/?h=core-updates&id=831c6d84e1bcff4b68dfd0f6e299f2c0bb60d0b8

I notice 2.3.0 does not have any ABI changes from 2.2.9.  In that case
the security fix/version can be "grafted" in place without rebuilding
the world.  So count us ready, we'll test 2.3.0 meanwhile.  :-)

Thanks for the heads-up,
Marius