guix-devel

Re: Leaving the GNU Guix community

From: raingloom
Subject: Re: Leaving the GNU Guix community
Date: Wed, 5 May 2021 16:27:51 +0200

On Sat, 01 May 2021 19:47:40 +0200
Léo Le Bouter <lle-bout@zaclys.net> wrote:

> I think it is a disaster that you (maintainers) choose to blame
> someone publicly for feeling so bad after having received messages of
> exceptional aggressivity.

Disclaimer: I only saw some of the relevant discussion, so, please don't
shout at me or assume I'm saying this to hurt anyone.

For what it's worth, blame-free security culture is possible. I was
reading Google's Site Reliability Engineering stuff a few months ago,
which - among other things - talked about exactly this. People need to
feel like they can make mistakes without being attacked for them,
otherwise they won't be open when they inevitably do mess something up.
But I should add that if someone does mess up, it should not be
controversial - to them or their team - to put more oversight on them.

Anyways, I hope you'll stay, and that everyone will strive to make this
an actually inclusive community.