guix-devel

Re: Why is glib still grafted on the 'wip-ungrafting' branch? (was Re: w

From: Mark H Weaver
Subject: Re: Why is glib still grafted on the 'wip-ungrafting' branch? (was Re: wip-ungrafting builds stuck)
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2021 12:27:52 -0400

Hi Leo,

Leo Famulari <leo@famulari.name> writes:

> On Wed, Apr 21, 2021 at 04:47:06PM -0400, Mark H Weaver wrote:
>> I just noticed that 'glib' is still grafted on the 'wip-ungrafting'
>> branch.  Was that intentional?
>>
>> https://git.sv.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/tree/gnu/packages/glib.scm?h=wip-ungrafting&id=e12210dc92098d8581cea3007d57dbb6be16bb41#n171
>
> Yes. For that branch I only selected grafts that I judged to be
> "simple". There are many other grafts still in place on that branch.

Okay, thanks for the explanation.

> My criteria for simplicity are grafts that either apply one or two
> patches, or are minor version upgrades of projects that are known to
> care about ABI compatibility.

I don't understand why it's relevant how many patches are involved.  It
sounds like if I had concatenated all of the CVE-2021-27219 patches into
a single file, you would have judged that as "simple", and therefore
ungrafted it, although it makes no substantive difference.

Anyway, it makes no difference to me; I'll continue doing my own thing
on my private branch.  I just wanted to make sure that it wasn't an
oversight.

     Thanks,
       Mark