guix-devel

Re: website: Building fails because of missing locales

From: Luis Felipe
Subject: Re: website: Building fails because of missing locales
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2021 18:11:22 +0000

On Wednesday, April 7, 2021 5:22 PM, Julien Lepiller <julien@lepiller.eu> wrote:

> Here's v2.
>
> I checked that it sets GUIX_LOCPATH properly on my system (I had to add
> the path specification for it to work).

Thanks, Julien, with this new patch, the website builds. But I noticed other
problems now:

1. It does not run (haunt serve fails).
2. Running it with "python3 -m http.server" instead, I see many characters
replaced by "?" marks.

I'm using the commands from the website's README, but omitting "-E
GUIX_LOCPATH" and changing "lib/locale" to "lib/locales" because the former
does not exist.

So this is the command I ran to build:

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★
$ LANG=C GUIX_WEB_SITE_LOCAL=yes guix environment -C -m manifest.scm -E LANG
--share=$HOME/.guix-profile/lib/locales -E GUIX_WEB_SITE_LOCAL --share=/tmp --
haunt build
★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★

And this one for serving:

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★
$ guix environment -CN -m manifest.scm -E LANG
--share=$HOME/.guix-profile/lib/locales --share=/tmp -- haunt serve
guile: warning: failed to install locale
Backtrace:
           2 (primitive-load "/gnu/store/k3650bnqc741650cg36nv2wan82?")
In haunt/ui.scm:
    130:2  1 (haunt-main _ "serve")
In unknown file:
           0 (setlocale 6 "")

ERROR: In procedure setlocale:
In procedure setlocale: Invalid argument

Am I doing something wrong?