guix-devel

Re: Application for aarch64 computing resources

From: Leo Famulari
Subject: Re: Application for aarch64 computing resources
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2021 16:25:24 -0400

On Fri, Apr 02, 2021 at 11:56:03AM -0700, Vagrant Cascadian wrote:
> You might want to also ask for hardware that has the extensions for
> 32-bit arm, if we also want to improve substitute availability for armhf
> too. The 32-bit extensions are optional for aarch64, and thus not all
> hardware supports it.

I will keep this in mind, pending their reply.

The ticket system automatically added the tag 'hardware/ampere-altra'.
So, it may be a case of "we can have any CPU we want, as long as it's an
Ampere ALTRA"... as Henry Ford said, "Any customer can have a car
painted any color that he wants so long as it is black."