guix-devel

Re: Packaging

From: Maxime Devos
Subject: Re: Packaging
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2021 12:43:59 +0200

Please keep guix-devel@gnu.org in CC: or To:.

On Sun, 2021-03-28 at 10:18 +0000, mecqor labi wrote:
> Thanks for your help,
> The Shadowsocks package does not work in Guix at all, and this has been
> reported over the developers of Guix, but it has never been solved.
> About Tor, this is not what I want, speed of the program is very slow, I have
> problem in upload files and other ...
>
> [...]

Guix has a package importer for rust crates:
  "guix import crate shadowsocks"

I imported the shadowsocks crate and some dependencies (see attachment).
(To build: "guix build -f d.scm")  Some dependencies are still missing,
but I hope this is enough to get you started with writing the package
definition.

Greetings,
Maxime