guix-devel

Re: Release on April 18th?

From: Vincent Legoll
Subject: Re: Release on April 18th?
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2021 13:31:00 +0100

Hello Chris,

On Fri, Mar 12, 2021 at 7:42 PM Chris Marusich <cmmarusich@gmail.com> wrote:
> Vincent Legoll <vincent.legoll@gmail.com> writes:
> > I rebuilt guix on core-updates with gcc-8 succesfully
> > I'll now try the same above wip-ppc64le.
>
> Awesome!  Thank you for doing this.  I'm sure there will be some bumps,
> and the sooner we can fix them, the easier it will be to integrate
> later.

I did not `make check` on core-updates + gcc 8, will retry that later.

On wip-ppc64le, guix built OK, but am meeting `make check` failures:

Testsuite summary for GNU Guix 1.0.1.31332-e8b83e
# TOTAL: 1171
# PASS:  1153
# SKIP:  7
# XFAIL: 2
# FAIL:  9
# XPASS: 0
# ERROR: 0
See ./test-suite.log
Please report to bug-guix@gnu.org

I'm looking at those log files now...

> I'm still working on getting you access to ppc64le hardware or a VM.

I already send my public key to Tobias, so that is WIP.

Tchuss

--
Vincent Legoll