guix-devel

Re: Changes to the branching workflow

From: Christopher Lemmer Webber
Subject: Re: Changes to the branching workflow
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2021 16:05:24 -0500

Hello,

As someone who jumps in and out of Guix development occasionally but who
does have commit access (probably for grantparented-in reasons, heh),
sometimes I don't know where I should commit code or what the current
branching policy is, and I might miss emails like this.

I wonder if we should formalize it.  What about adding a section to the
"Contributing" section of the manual explaining what the different
branches are, and when you have a patch that's been approved, when to
push it to which branch?

I think that would help me, and maybe it would help others.  Thoughts?

 - Chris