guix-devel

New backward incompatible version of Guile Config

From: Alex Sassmannshausen
Subject: New backward incompatible version of Guile Config
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2021 16:53:51 +0100

Hello,

I'm in the process of releasing guile-config 0.5, which unfortunately is
backward incompatible in some ways.

As a result I want to give developers who are using it a chance to
upgrade gradually.

To this end, in the attached patch, I add a new variable for 0.5. My
intention is to have 0.4.2 and 0.5 coexist for a while and then to
switch fully to 0.5 in due course.

Is this an acceptable way of doing a gradual transition to a backwards
incompatible version of the library?

Best wishes,

Alex