guix-devel

Re: Guix Day: Notes from the CI session

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Guix Day: Notes from the CI session
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2021 22:47:54 +0100

Hi!

Leo Famulari <leo@famulari.name> skribis:

> As for the hardware itself, yes, it's expensive, but not any more than
> what we'd pay for our x86_64 build farm (~1500 CPU cores and terabytes
> of RAM). Again, do we know anyone who would donate some? Should we try
> negotiating a discount with vendors?

Yes, I think we should pick good-looking hardware like one of the
options listed in the notes of the CI session, and try to discuss
privately with the sales department of the company that makes it (with a
timeout, though).  They might be interested in providing hardware to
support free software development on the architecture, just like ARM
donated us two OverDrives three years ago.

Thanks,
Ludo’.