guix-devel

Re: Staging branch [substitute availability]

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: Staging branch [substitute availability]
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2021 23:01:25 +0100

Hi Mathieu,

sorry for missing this message (and all the others).
Leo pointed me to this message on IRC.  (Thanks!)

> The easier way to proceed could be to create a VPN for the remote build
> machines that are not on berlin local network. Wireguard could be a good
> candidate. That would mean that only one UDP port has to be opened on
> berlin.
>
> Ricardo, do you think that the sysadmins would agree to open traffic on
> UDP port 51820 for instance?

Yes, this should be okay.  Does this mean that we can get rid of all the
other ports that we previously requested?

If you’re sure that it should be UDP port 51820 for incoming connections
(and outgoing as well?) then I’ll submit the request.

Sorry again for the delay!  Feel free to ping me directly in the future.

--
Ricardo