guix-devel

Re: Discover GNU Guix eco-system with awesome-guix!

From: Bonface Munyoki K .
Subject: Re: Discover GNU Guix eco-system with awesome-guix!
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2021 21:11:28 +0300

> Hi,
>
> On Tue, 9 Feb 2021 at 17:16, Léo Le Bouter <lle-bout@zaclys.net> wrote:
>
>> Commonly awesome lists are used to share links to all things related to
>> some topic or some software. This lists's purpose is for anyone to be
>> able to easily get up to speed with what exists instead of having to
>> know each and every one to find out by word of mouth. It also helps
>> projects get more exposure that way.
>
> Thanks for the explanations.  I did not know.

Also to add to what Léo mentioned, "awesome" lists
are a quick way to get up to speed to some things;
and IMHO are a sort of "gateway drug" to some
things. As an example, "awesome-guile"
(https://notabug.org/ZelphirKaltstahl/awesome-guile/src/master/list.md)
has served me well to get resources that I'd
otherwise never find on my own.

It'd be nice to aggregate something similar for
GUIX.

PS: You find interesting things when you search
for awesome-<some-tool/stack>. Try it!

--
Bonface M. K. D4F09EB110177E03C28E2FE1F5BBAE1E0392253F
Humble GNU Emacs User / Bearer of scheme-y parens