guix-devel

Re: [DOUBT]: native-search-paths VS search-paths

From: Leo Prikler
Subject: Re: [DOUBT]: native-search-paths VS search-paths
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2021 13:26:17 +0100

Am Dienstag, den 09.02.2021, 11:22 +0100 schrieb Hartmut Goebel:
> Am 09.02.21 um 11:06 schrieb Leo Prikler:
> > Depends on the package.  If it gets propagated into the build
> > environment, the variable is set as well.  At other times, it might
> > be
> > set through the wrap phase for runtime purposes.
>
> This makes me think whether the wrap-phase of the qt-build-system
> does
> it right (even after 45784 is merged): It searches the "inputs" for
> some
> directories. This has the major drawback of including native-inputs
> (most notable: cmake).
It probably does some wrong things there.  I'm also not sure if we can
distinguish between inputs and native-inputs at this stage, since IIRC
both get merged into %build-inputs, which is then passed as inputs.

For a similar issue look at python packages built with meson – they
likely retain a reference to meson as well.

Regards,
Leo