guix-devel

Re: Staging branch

From: Leo Famulari
Subject: Re: Staging branch
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2020 00:27:22 -0500

On Sun, Dec 06, 2020 at 12:58:46PM -0500, Leo Famulari wrote:
> The plan is to start building it next Friday, December 11.

The staging branch is building:

https://data.guix-patches.cbaines.net/repository/2/branch/staging/latest-processed-revision/package-substitute-availability

It's moving a little more slowly than I'd hoped — currently there are
substitutes for 43% of packages on x86_64-linux, and less than that for
the other architectures.

The branch provides a working `guix system vm
doc/os-config-bare-bones.texi`. I'll test lightweight-desktop.texi next.

I'm asking for more testers :)

If you are using Guix System, you can try:

# guix pull --branch=staging && guix system reconfigure /etc/config.scm

... and on other distros, something like this:

# guix pull --branch=staging && systemctl restart guix-daemon && guix upgrade

... and reply with any problems.

Thanks in advance!