guix-devel

FAQ: How to set up a guix development environment?

From: Hartmut Goebel
Subject: FAQ: How to set up a guix development environment?
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2020 14:13:11 +0100

Hi,

for setting up a guix development environment, the manual recommends

   guix environment guix

Anyhow, this is not enough, since e.g "./preinst-env guix lint" will fail with "TLS certificate error". Also

   guix environment guix --ad-hoc nss-certs

does not succeed, since SSL_CERT_DIR still need to be set up manually.

Currently I'm working around this by using shell-scripts, shih re setting ups profiles and re-spawning the shell.

Anyhow. I'm seeking for a more elegant solution. Any ideas?

--
Regards
Hartmut Goebel

| Hartmut Goebel          | h.goebel@crazy-compilers.com               |