guix-devel

[ungrafting] cURL is missing the 'curl-use-ssl-cert-env' patch

From: Marius Bakke
Subject: [ungrafting] cURL is missing the 'curl-use-ssl-cert-env' patch
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2020 01:37:59 +0100

Hello,

As you may have noticed, there is a new "ungrafting" branch that intends
to remove most of the "grafts" people have to deal with on a regular
basis.

The CI (and undersigned) have gotten pretty far on building this branch,
but there is a problem: cURL lost its "curl-use-ssl-cert-env" patch in
commit cb8569e10c766f180c48c7cf74b74f7b4cb74541.

This patch adds support for the SSL_CERT_DIR and SSL_CERT_FILE variables
for any application using libcurl.

I only noticed this because I merged a new graft for cURL (1adeb74456,
a7737f0ead).

Now the question is: should we restore this patch, and in practice
restart the branch almost from scratch?  Or drop it, considering
upstream has rejected it[0]?

[0] https://github.com/curl/curl/pull/4809

As a middle ground, we can add it to the recent graft added in
1adeb74456, which won't require rebuilds.

Thoughts?