guix-devel

Building the web site is slow

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Building the web site is slow
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2020 16:03:26 +0100

Hello Florian & all!

We have a wonderful i18n web site, but building it takes time
proportional to the number of packages, and now that’s multiplied by the
number of languages, and we’re really talking about ~15mn on spinning
disks, which is starting to feel unreasonable.  :-)

Florian, what are you thoughts on this?  Do you think we could arrange
to build all the languages in a single ‘haunt build’ run, would that
help?

I haven’t tried profiling yet, but I can take a look.

Ludo’.