guix-devel

Re: Fixing and maintenance of emacs-guix (guix.el)

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: Fixing and maintenance of emacs-guix (guix.el)
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2020 19:54:23 +0100

Hi John,

Thank you for reviving guix.el. :-)

On Fri, 13 Nov 2020 at 07:44, John Soo <jsoo1@asu.edu> wrote:

> * The guix package in gnu/packages/package-management.scm will need to
>   refer to a commit including those patches.
>
> That leads to a more nebulous question: should there be "stable" and
> "unstable" versions of the guix package in guix?  Stable might be pinned
> to a release, but guix-unstable might be updated occasionally.

The package emacs-guix depends on the package guix because of reasons I
am not sure to well understand to explain them.  The same problem, IIUC,
happens with Guix Workflow Language (package gwl).  Ricardo provided a
draft patch here:

  https://yhetil.org/guix-devel/87tuuayplb.fsf@elephly.net

Well, maybe one way to answer to this nebulous question should to put
some love in this direction.  I do not know, maybe I miss the point.

All the best,
simon