guix-devel

Working Guix on 64 bit PowerPC.

From: Tobias Platen
Subject: Working Guix on 64 bit PowerPC.
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2020 20:56:21 +0100

Hello,

I've got the wip-ppc branch of Guix compiling unmodified on my Talos II.
Since the POWER9 is backwards compatible with the PowerPC G4, it can run
the existing bootstrap binaries for powerpc-linux. The binaries from
http://flashner.co.il/guix/bootstrap/powerpc-linux/ have been verified
working on my Talos II. I also plan to setup a mirror of those binaries.

[user@staticvoid guix]$ arch
ppc64
[user@staticvoid guix]$ ps -A | grep guix
 1104 pts/1    00:00:00 guix-daemon
[user@staticvoid guix]$ ./pre-inst-env guix build hello
guix build: error: could not find bootstrap binary 'tar' for system
'powerpc64-linux'
[user@staticvoid guix]$ cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
cpu             : POWER9, altivec supported
clock           : 2154.000000MHz
revision        : 2.2 (pvr 004e 1202)

--
Tobias Platen <guix@platen-software.de>