guix-devel

Re: GNOME: Suggesting ‘guix gc’ upon low disk space

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: GNOME: Suggesting ‘guix gc’ upon low disk space
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2020 13:54:15 +0200

Hi!

I found the answer to my questions soon after I sent my message, and
here’s the result:

PNG image

Neat no?  :-)

https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/commit/?id=98b89f432103b66efacee0bcba41a94148b8e870

I initially tested it in a VM but somehow ‘gsd-housekeeping’ doesn’t
trigger low disk space notification in VMs.  So I reconfigured a
victim’s actual laptop, filled the disk, and waited for the
notification.  (Worry not, I have since freed disk space and the victim
now has the status of happy user.)

Is there a way we could get the message of that button translated?
Or is the only way to do that to submit the patch upstream?

Ludo’.