guix-devel

Re: doc: Channel subsection order?

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: doc: Channel subsection order?
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2020 03:44:11 +0200

Hi Ludo,

I propose something in #43482 <http://issues.guix.gnu.org/issue/43482>.

>   1. Move “Channels” to the top level, with real subsections as nodes.

Patch 2 does that.

>   2. Clearly distinguish between using a channel and developing a
>      channel.  The former should come first.

Patch 3 does that.

>   3. Probably move ‘guix pull’ and ‘guix time-machine’ under that
>      section.

After a couple of read, I do not think they need to move under
channels.  Because they will not be visible from

  <https://guix.gnu.org/manual/devel/en/guix.html#Package-Management>

>   4. Add a tutorial-like section on how to work on your own channel.

What do you have in mind?
I only have in mind: test your change locally before pushing?

All the best,
simon