guix-devel

Re: Allow to add more than one group for service user

From: Julien Lepiller
Subject: Re: Allow to add more than one group for service user
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2020 14:13:43 -0400

From what I understand, the generated /etc/group is correct, but loging as kyc-service, even after a reboot, you don't see the additional groups?

On 2020年8月19日 12:18:34 GMT-04:00, Reza Alizadeh Majd <r.majd@pantherx.org> wrote:
Hi Julien,

On Wed, 19 Aug 2020 07:11:25 -0400
Julien Lepiller <julien@lepiller.eu> wrote:

This kind of message should probably go to guix-help instead. Can you
send your user and groups definition you're using? Then we should see
if there's anything wrong with it, or if we can reproduce the issue.

sorry for interruption, since I assumed this could be a bug I continue
previous discussion in this mailing list, if you think `help-guix` is
the proper place to discuss about this issue we can continue on
following thread:

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-guix/2020-07/msg00088.html

by the way, here is the user account and groups that I'm using for my
service definition:

(define %kyc-accounts
(list (user-group (name "kyc-service"))
(user-group (name "kyc-rpc"))
(user-account
(name "kyc-service")
(group "kyc-service")
(system? #f)
(supplementary-groups '("wheel" "kyc-rpc" "video"))
(comment "KYC service user"))))

later I add these definitions using `account-service-type` extension:

(define kyc-service-type
(extensions (list ...
(service-extension account-service-type
(const %kyc-accounts))))