guix-devel

Re: [bug#42738] [Work in progress] gnu: emacs: update to 27.1

From: Jack Hill
Subject: Re: [bug#42738] [Work in progress] gnu: emacs: update to 27.1
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2020 02:23:42 -0400 (EDT)

I've added guix-devel to the cc: becasue the Emacs upgrade has come up a few times on IRC, and there are ways for you to help move this upgrade along. Any suggestions are welcome, but in particular, you can help with the following:

* Review the inputs and configure flags. Are there any additional changes needed for the new Emacs version? A good place to start with this would be the Emacs NEWS file. It's quite lengthy, so additional eyes would be quite helpful.

* Making sure packages build and work with Emacs 27.1. I expect this to involve elisp hacking and working with upstream.

I have the following updates, since I prepared at patch for the 27.1 release candidate: