guix-devel

Re: Guix containers 'advertised' in git repos

From: David Dashyan
Subject: Re: Guix containers 'advertised' in git repos
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2020 17:53:36 +0300

Hi!

We do the same thing, kind of, but due to our CLA restrictions we have
everything in separate repository.

https://github.com/ipdb/bigchaindb-guix

I've named the file "activate" which is python's idiom taken from
virtualenv.  And it creates persistent dev environment in ".genv"
directory (maybe .guix-profile is a better name).  It would be cool to
have an naming conventions in place, the only problem I see here is that
guix is capable of so much stuff it is hard to predict ways people are
going to be using it.

--
David aka zzappie