guix-devel

Re: Release Guix 1.1.1?

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Release Guix 1.1.1?
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2020 00:05:19 +0200

Hello!

Ludovic Courtès <ludo@gnu.org> skribis:

> Mathieu Othacehe <othacehe@gnu.org> skribis:
>
>>> What do y'all think about targeting a 1.1.1 release a few weeks from
>>> now?
>>>
>>> Any milestones we should try to complete before an eventual release?
>>
>> This seems like a very good idea. It would be good if this release could
>> include:
>>
>> * A new shepherd release fixing this bug[1].
>
> Coming soon!  (See also <https://issues.guix.gnu.org/41507>).
>
>> * A Cuirass update allowing to download disk-images built on top of
>>   master[2].
>
> Yay!
>
> Initially I was hoping to get support for authenticated channels in that
> release¹, but I don’t know if it can be ready and well-tested on time.

I think we’ve pretty much reached all these milestones.  So we need to
do some testing again of the installer, but at least we no longer have
the excuse of adding one last feature.  So I guess we could seriously
work on it.  Thoughts?

In fact, I’ll be away from keyboard for some time, so I’m not
necessarily part of “we” in the coming weeks :-) but happy to help
afterwards.  We could aim for beginning of September, or earlier if
people are available.

Ludo’.