guix-devel

Re: MPFR and MPC

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: MPFR and MPC
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2020 12:58:52 +0200

Hello Andreas!  :-)

Andreas Enge <andreas@enge.fr> skribis:

> mpfr just had a new release 4.1.0:
>    https://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/mpfr/
> and I am planning to make one for mpc as well.
>
> Should I follow some procedure for an update in Guix, or could I just push
> two commits to core-updates?

I think you could test the update on ‘core-updates’ with:

  ./pre-inst-env guix build -e '(@@ (gnu packages commencement) gcc-final)'

It’s gonna take a while, but I think we’d rather be safe than sorry
given that these two libraries underpin the toolchain chain (sic).

If you need the new versions right away, you can also add them as extra
package definitions on ‘master’.

Cheers,
Ludo’.