guix-devel

Re: [Guix Website] A Search Page for Packages

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: [Guix Website] A Search Page for Packages
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2020 10:50:52 +0200

Dear Danjela,

On Wed, 08 Jul 2020 at 20:49, Daniela Lura <danielaluraa@gmail.com> wrote:

> The prototype page can be accessed through a test version of the Guix
> website that Chris deployed:
> http://guix-website-test.cbaines.net/packages/search

Really cool!  Thank you for working on this.

> I'd like to know if you find the page useful so that I can hopefully start
> working on incorporating the search functionality into this page:
> https://guix.gnu.org/packages/.

For example http://issues.guix.gnu.org/ have a "hint" and "many more"
link for the query language.

It is a matter of taste, but I prefer a list:

    name version synopsis

alternating color for each line (light gray and blank for example).  And
then click to have more info as description, location, license, etc.

All the best,
simon