guix-devel

order of paths set in /etc/profile.d/guix.sh on foreign distro

From: vapnik spaknik
Subject: order of paths set in /etc/profile.d/guix.sh on foreign distro
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2020 21:58:47 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,
    in order to get emacs-guix to work with guix running on Ubuntu 18.04 I had
to install guix under the ${GUIX_PROFILE} so that the correct guile modules are
available.
However, /etc/profile.d/guix.sh ensures that ${GUIX_PROFILE}/bin comes before
${_GUIX_PROFILE}/bin in my $PATH .
This can't be good, since I'm sure there is a good reason for having a separate
profile (${_GUIX_PROFILE}) for guix pull.
I can of course alter my /etc/profile.d/guix.sh to change the $PATH order, but
it would be nice if I (and other new users) didn't have to.

Regards,

Joe Bloggs.