guix-devel

gnome-bluetooth

From: Ekaitz Zarraga
Subject: gnome-bluetooth
Date: Sun, 24 May 2020 17:54:29 +0000

Hi,

I've been diging in a Bluetooth issue I had in the past[^1] and I found some
interesting details I need help to tackle.

Looks like Gnome-bluetooth does NOT support Bluez5 which is what we are
shipping right now. It's stated clearly in the project description:
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-bluetooth

I also found users in Arch's forums saying it started to fail since Bluez5.
Does it make sense to make a bluez4 package?

Did anyone manage to make gnome-bluetooth work in any way? It seems like
gnome-bluetooth never worked in guix.

Best,
Ekaitz

[^1]: https://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/msg08859.html