guix-devel

Re: Jami bug investigation #2

From: Jan
Subject: Re: Jami bug investigation #2
Date: Fri, 22 May 2020 15:35:23 +0200

On Fri, 22 May 2020 11:07:34 +0200
Pierre Neidhardt <address@hidden> wrote:

> When do you apply patches?
> If in (source ...), those patches are possibly applied before you make
> the repository writable.
The patches are applied by the jami-apply-dependency-patches procedure
which is used in the modify-phases field. I even make sure the phases
run in order by using "add-after 'unpack 'make-git-checkout-writable"
and then "add-after 'make-git-checkout-writable 'apply-patches".

> Please share the recipe, this will help :)

I'll post the code in my repo later this day - the change allowing Jami
to be built from git is 5 fat commits already.

Jan Wielkiewicz