guix-devel

Inkscape 1.0 upgrade

From: Ekaitz Zarraga
Subject: Inkscape 1.0 upgrade
Date: Wed, 06 May 2020 18:20:39 +0000

Hi all,

With the release of the 1.0 version of Inkscape I wanted to update our package
and I'm encountering some problems I'm unable to solve myself.

First, it depends on GDL (Gnome Devtool Libraries) which is not included in
Guix so I'm packaging that too. I found an issue I don't know how to solve on
it:

GDL makes its bootstrap with this ./autogen.sh:
  https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gdl/-/blob/master/autogen.sh

That autogen is calling gnome-common's (gnome-common is already on guix)
autogen for everything else but, even if I'm able to patch the autogen from GDL
to find the correct `sh`, gnome-common's one is still failing because it's
looking for `/bin/sh`. I don't find any way to solve this.

Ideas?

Thanks!

This is the GDL package I have at the moment:

(define-public gdl
  (package
    (name "gdl")
    (version "GDL_3_34_0")
    (source (origin
                (method git-fetch)
                (uri (git-reference
                       (url "https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gdl.git";)
                       (commit version)))
                (sha256
                  (base32
"154qcr0x6f68f4q526y87imv0rscmp34n47nk1pp82rsq52h2zna"))))

    (build-system gnu-build-system)
    (inputs `())
    (native-inputs `(("gnome-common" ,gnome-common)
                    ("autoconf" ,autoconf)
                    ("automake" ,automake)
                    ("libtool" ,libtool)
                    ("intltool" ,intltool)
                    ("pkg-config" ,pkg-config)
                    ("gtk-doc" ,gtk-doc)
                    ("which" ,which)))
    (arguments
       `(#:phases
        (modify-phases %standard-phases
         (add-after 'unpack 'autogen
           (lambda _
             (with-directory-excursion "."
                 (for-each make-file-writable (find-files "." ".*"))
                 ;; Use autogen so that 'configure' works.
                 (substitute* "autogen.sh" (("/bin/sh") (which "sh")))
                 (setenv "CONFIG_SHELL" (which "sh"))
                 (invoke "./autogen.sh"))
             #t)))))
    (home-page "...")