guix-devel

Re: branch master updated: gnu: Add musl-cross.

From: Vincent Legoll
Subject: Re: branch master updated: gnu: Add musl-cross.
Date: Sun, 3 May 2020 22:45:32 +0200

Hello,

On 03/05/2020 22:17, Danny Milosavljevic wrote:
The use case is to be able to build heads in Guix without modification.

I was about to ask you what was the motivation for that commit,
thanks for reading my mind !

I'm obviously interested in the subject. I'd love to explore bootstrapping guix with a musl libc.

Also, they are using musl instead of glibc.  I don't think we have a
musl-gcc yet and I've never done a musl gcc before.

We have musl, but are currently disabling the building/installation of its musl-gcc wrapper, I'm not sure you're speaking of this one though.

But maybe we can revisit enabling it, I'll put that on my todo list, if
you won't beat me to it.

--
Vincent Legoll