guix-devel

Re: Jami: Bug source investigation

From: Jan
Subject: Re: Jami: Bug source investigation
Date: Sun, 3 May 2020 16:50:40 +0200

On Sun, 03 May 2020 16:17:57 +0200
Pierre Neidhardt <address@hidden> wrote:

> Jan <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Placing a call works, disconnecting doesn't.
>
> Hmm, does not work for me.  Have you tried non-locally, over a WAN?

Calls over WAN are always tricky, I had little luck with that even with
the official Jami binary packages. With some friends everything works
100%, with other nothing works. I guess that's because of outdated
proprietary router/modem firmware and hostility towards p2p.
Try disabling firewall on your router (yeah I know, sounds bad).

Jan Wielkiewicz